Organisme d'élaboration de normes :
Programme de travail:
Numéro de référence :
Catégorie de norme:
Type d’activité d’élaboration de normes:
- En cours d’élaboration
Date de début de la période de commentaires :
Date de fin de la période de commentaires :
Champ d’application :
This clause of part 1 is replaced by:
This Standard deals with the safety of microwave ovens for household use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
So far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances which are encountered by all persons in and around the home.
This Standard does not, in general, take into account
- the use of appliances by young children or infirm persons without supervision
- playing with the appliance by young children.
1 Attention is drawn to the fact that:
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary
- for appliances intended to be used in tropical countries, special requirements may be necessary
- in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, and similar authorities.
2 This Standard does not apply to:
- commercial microwave ovens (IEC 335-2-90, under consideration)
- industrial microwave heating equipment (IEC 519-6)
- appliances for medical purposes (IEC 601)
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).
3 This Standard together with annex BB is applicable to combination microwave ovens and microwave ovens incorporating a browning function until IEC 335-2-100 is published.
IEC 519-6: Specifications for Safety in Industrial Microwave Heating Equipment.
IEC 601: Medical Electrical Equipment