Organisme d'élaboration de normes :
Programme de travail:
Numéro de référence :
Catégorie de norme:
Type d’activité d’élaboration de normes:
- Ouverture de la période de commentaires
Date de début de la période de commentaires :
Date de fin de la période de commentaires :
Champ d’application :
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric appliances for the care of skin or hair of persons or animals and intended for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
NOTE 101 Examples of appliances that are within the scope of this standard are
– curling combs;
– curling irons;
– curling rollers with separate heaters;
– facial saunas;
– hand dryers;
– heaters with detachable curlers;
– permanent-wave appliances.
NOTE 102 Appliances covered by this standard may incorporate steam-producing or spray-producing devices.
Appliances not intended for normal household use but that nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard.
NOTE 103 Examples are appliances for use in hairdressing salons.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances that are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
– persons (including children) whose
• physical, sensory or mental capabilities; or
• lack of experience and knowledge prevents them from using the appliance safely without supervision or instruction;
– children playing with the appliance.
NOTE 104 Attention is drawn to the fact that
– for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements may be necessary;
– in many countries additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour and similar authorities.
NOTE 105 This standard does not apply to
– appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
– appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
– shavers, hair clippers and similar appliances (IEC 60335-2-8);
– blankets, pads, clothing and similar flexible heating appliances (IEC 60335-2-17);
– UV and IR radiation appliances (IEC 60335-2-27);
– sauna heating appliances (IEC 60335-2-53);
– appliances intended for medical purposes (IEC 60601).
This Standard applies to the safety of such equipment designed and constructed for installation and use in accordance with CSA C22.1, Canadian Electrical Code, Part I (CE Code, Part I).
[Add the following to Note 105]
— cosmetic and beauty care appliances incorporating lasers and intense light sources.