Information technology - Programming languages - Ada
ISO/IEC 8652:2023 This document specifies the form and meaning of programs written in Ada. Its purpose is to promote the portability of Ada programs to a variety of computing systems.
This document specifies:
- The form of a program written in Ada;
- The effect of translating and executing such a program;
- The manner in which program units can be combined to form Ada programs;
- The language-defined library units that a conforming implementation is required to supply;
- The permissible variations in conformance to the rules of this document, and the manner in which they are to be documented;
- Those violations of the requirements of this document that a conforming implementation is required to detect, and the effect of attempting to translate or execute a program containing such violations;
- Those violations of the requirements of this document that a conforming implementation is not required to detect.
This document does not specify:
- The means whereby a program written in Ada is transformed into object code executable by a processor;
- The means whereby translation or execution of programs is invoked and the executing units are controlled;
- The size or speed of the object code, or the relative execution speed of different language constructs;
- The form or contents of any listings produced by implementations; in particular, the form or contents of error or warning messages;
- The effect of unspecified execution;
- The size of a program or program unit that will exceed the capacity of a particular conforming implementation.