Information processing - Volume and file structure of CD-ROM for information interchange
ISO/IEC 9660:2023 This document specifies the volume and file structure of compact disc read-only memory (CD-ROM) for the interchange of information between users of information processing systems.
This document specifies:
- the attributes of the volume and the descriptors recorded on it;
- the relationship among volumes of a volume set;
- the placement of the files;
- the attributes of the files;
- record structures intended for use in the input or output data streams of an application program when such data streams are required to be organized as sets of records;
- three nested levels of medium interchange;
- two nested levels of implementation;
- requirements for the processes which are provided within information processing systems, to enable information to be interchanged between different systems, utilizing recorded CD-ROM as the medium of interchange; for this purpose, this document specifies the functions to be provided within systems which are intended to originate or receive CD-ROM which conform to this document.