IEC 62343:2023 RLV
Dynamic modules - Generic specification
IEC 62343:2023 RLV contains both the official IEC International Standard and its Redline version. The Redline version is available in English only and provides you with a quick and easy way to compare all the changes between the official IEC Standard and its previous edition.
IEC 62343:2023 applies to all commercially available optical dynamic modules and devices. It describes the products covered by the IEC 62343 series, defines terminology, fundamental considerations and basic approaches. The object of this document is to:
- establish uniform requirements for operation, reliability and environmental properties of dynamic modules (DMs) to be implemented in the appropriate DM standard, and
- provide assistance to the purchaser in the selection of consistently high-quality DM products for their particular applications, as well as in the consultation of the appropriate specific DM standard(s).
This document covers performance templates, performance standards, reliability qualification requirements, hardware and software interfaces and related testing methods. Since a dynamic module integrates an optical module/device, printed wiring board, and software/firmware, the standards developed in the series will mimic appropriate existing standards. On the other hand, since "dynamic module" is a relatively new product category, the dynamic module standards series will not be bound by the existing practices where requirements differ.The safety standards as related to dynamic modules are mostly optical power considerations, which is covered by the IEC 60825 series (see Clause 6). This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2017. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- addition of terms and definitions for optical multicast switches (3.8);
- revision of Clause 4, listing the requirements for standards in the IEC 62343 series;
- addition of Clause 6 (Safety requirements).