Standards development organization:
Standard Development Activity:
- Proceeding to development
SDO Comment period end date:
This clause of Part 1 is replaced by the following.
This International Standard deals with the safety of electric kitchen machines for household and similar purposes, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V.
NOTE 101 Examples of appliances that are within the scope of this standard are
- bean slicers;
- berry-juice extractors;
- can openers;
- centrifugal juicers;
- citrus-fruit squeezers;
- coffee mills not exceeding 500 g hopper capacity;
- cream whippers;
- egg beaters;
- food mixers;
- food processors;
- grain grinders not exceeding 3 l hopper capacity;
- ice-cream machines, including those for use in refrigerators and freezers;
- knife sharpeners;
- noodle makers;
- potato peelers;
- sieving machines;
- slicing machines.
Appliances not intended for normal household use, but which nevertheless may be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, in light industry and on farms, are within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by appliances which are encountered by all persons in and around the home. However, in general, it does not take into account
- the use of appliances by young children or infirm persons without supervision;
- playing with the appliance by young children.
SDO Comment period start date: