Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply using the form below.
Standardization in the field of nanotechnologies that includes either or both of the following:
Understanding and control of matter and processes at the nanoscale, typically, but not exclusively, below 100 nanometres in one or more dimensions where the onset of size-dependent phenomena usually enables novel applications;
- Utilizing the properties of nanoscale materials that differ from the properties of individual atoms, molecules, and bulk matter, to create improved materials, devices, and systems that exploit these new properties.
Specific tasks include developing standards for: terminology and nomenclature; metrology and instrumentation, including specifications for reference materials; test methodologies; modelling and simulations; and science-based health, safety, and environmental practices.
* This committee is overseen by one of SCC’s partner organizations, which will process your application and onboarding. Our partner organization will advise on next steps.
Apply to this committee:
Thank you for your interest in becoming a subject matter expert representing Canada on its mirror committee to the international technical committee of ISO or IEC. As a member, you will have the opportunity to network with experts from different backgrounds, gain access to industry insights, trends and best practices that will help your professional development. You will also explore how standardization can help your industry and engage in general knowledge and information exchange that can provide a competitive edge to your organization along with strengthening your organization's ability to compete.
Your application submission is the first step in the SCC's recruitment process. At this time, we invite you to review below the next steps in our application process.
Step 1: SCC's Member Services reviews the application package, and if required contacts the applicant for additional information or clarification on any information submitted.
Step 2: Member Services screens the applicant for suitability. Should the applicant not be suitable, Member Services will contact and inform the applicant of the results.
Step 3: Should the applicant be suitable; Member Services will contact and inform the applicant of the results.
Step 4: Successful applicants will proceed to SCC's onboarding process.
You are required to complete the form below, as part of the application process. Please include your curriculum vitae (CV) and a cover letter describing how your qualifications align with the committee's scope, how your experience will contribute to the work of the committee, what you hope to achieve as a participant and confirmation of the available resources (time and financial) to participate on the committee.
Notes for consideration:
- All fields are mandatory
- Résumé - Must identify any experience related to standards development or use..
- Cover letter - Must include how your qualifications/experience align with the scope and work programme of the committee; and confirmation of the available resources, both time and financial, to participate on the committee.
- There is no compensation for this position.
- Committee work activity, communications and related resources managed by the committee are not provided in both official languages.