This committee is actively recruiting for the following position(s):
Applicants should be from the following stakeholder group(s):
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply using the form below.
Standardization in the design of new buildings and retrofit of existing buildings for acceptable indoor environment and practicable energy conservation and efficiency. Building environment design addresses the technical building systems and related architectural aspects, and includes the related design processes, design methods, design outcomes, and design-phase building commissioning. Indoor environment includes air quality, and thermal, acoustic, and visual factors.
Covering and including:
- aspects of sustainability related to indoor environmental quality and energy that can be addressed in the design of buildings and the design of retrofits of existing buildings;
- general principles of building environment design;
- design of energy-efficient buildings;
- building automation and control systems in building and retrofit design;
- indoor air quality in building and retrofit design;
- indoor thermal environment in building and retrofit design;
- indoor acoustical environment in building and retrofit design;
- indoor visual environment in building and retrofit design;
- design of heating and cooling systems including radiant; and
- application of methods of testing and rating the performance of building environmental equipment in the design of new buildings and retrofits.
- other ergonomic factors;
- methods of measurement of air pollutants and of thermal, acoustic and lighting properties;
- thermal performance and energy use in the built environment (ISO TC 163);
- methods of testing for performance and rating of building environmental equipment in existing buildings;
- inspecting or rating existing buildings; and,
Standardization of the holistic assessment of the energy performance of new and existing buildings as well as building retrofits, in close collaboration with ISO/TC 163 by means of the ISO/TC163/WG4 Joint working group TC 163 & TC 205 Energy performance using holistic approach, including:
- terms and definitions;
- system boundaries for buildings and technical systems;
assessment of the overall energy performance of buildings, taking into account
- the energy performance of building elements;
- building related systems (heating, cooling, domestic hot water, ventilation, lighting, system controls, transport, and other energy related systems);
- indoor and outdoor conditions;
- local energy production (on site and at district level);
- (use of) energy sources (including renewable);
- building commissioning;
- assessment of overall energy efficiency; and
- means of expressing the energy performance and energy performance certification of buildings.
Apply to this committee:
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. In order to consider your application, we require that you complete the form below. Please include a cover letter describing what you hope to achieve as an active participant in addition to your qualifications.