This committee is actively recruiting for the following position(s):
Applicants should be from the following stakeholder group(s):
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply using the form below.
Standardization of fasteners and fastened connections, including:
- terms and definitions,
- dimensions and tolerances,
- mechanical, physical and functional properties,
- fastener coatings and finishes,
- test methods,
- acceptance and quality procedures,
- design and calculation of fastened assemblies/joints,
- assembly methods,
- assembly/joint qualification.
The term fastener covers all types of products designed to mechanically join two or more parts to form a solid or movable fastened connection or to contribute essentially to establish this function, such as bolts, screws, nuts, washers, pins and rivets.
Assembly/joint qualification includes qualification of the assembly/joint, the assembly tools as well as the qualification of the personnel.
- Fasteners for aerospace applications, keys, and hose clamps.
For more information:
Apply to this committee:
Thank you for your interest in becoming a subject matter expert representing Canada on its mirror committee to the international technical committee of ISO or IEC. As a member, you will have the opportunity to network with experts from different backgrounds, gain access to industry insights, trends and best practices that will help your professional development. You will also explore how standardization can help your industry and engage in general knowledge and information exchange that can provide a competitive edge to your organization along with strengthening your organization's ability to compete.
Your application submission is the first step in the SCC's recruitment process. At this time, we invite you to review below the next steps in our application process.
Step 1: SCC's Member Services reviews the application package, and if required contacts the applicant for additional information or clarification on any information submitted.
Step 2: Member Services screens the applicant for suitability. Should the applicant not be suitable, Member Services will contact and inform the applicant of the results.
Step 3: Should the applicant be suitable; Member Services will contact and inform the applicant of the results.
Step 4: Successful applicants will proceed to SCC's onboarding process.
You are required to complete the form below, as part of the application process. Please include your curriculum vitae (CV) and a cover letter describing how your qualifications align with the committee's scope, how your experience will contribute to the work of the committee, what you hope to achieve as a participant and confirmation of the available resources (time and financial) to participate on the committee.
Notes for consideration:
- All fields are mandatory
- Résumé - Must identify any experience related to standards development or use..
- Cover letter - Must include how your qualifications/experience align with the scope and work programme of the committee; and confirmation of the available resources, both time and financial, to participate on the committee.
- There is no compensation for this position.
- Committee work activity, communications and related resources managed by the committee are not provided in both official languages.