This committee is actively recruiting for the following position(s):
Applicants should be from the following stakeholder group(s):
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply using the form below.
Standardization in the field of building and civil engineering works
- of thermal and hygrothermal performance of materials, products, components, elements and systems, including complete buildings, both new and existing, and their interaction with technical building systems;
- of thermal insulation materials, products and systems for building and industrial application, including insulation of installed equipment in buildings;
covering and including:
- test and calculation methods for heat and moisture transfer, temperature and moisture conditions;
- test and calculation methods for energy use in buildings, including the industrial built environment;
- test and calculation methods for heating and cooling loads in buildings;
- test and calculation methods for daylighting, ventilation and air infiltration;
- in-situ test methods for thermal, hygrothermal and energy performance of buildings and building components, input data for calculations, including climatic data;
- specifications for thermal insulation materials, products and systems with related test methods and conformity criteria;
- terminology; and
- general review and coordination of work on thermal and hygrothermal performance within ISO.
- building environment design (ISO/TC 205);
- methods of testing and rating the performance of building environmental equipment for application in the design of new buildings and retrofits (ISO/ TC 205); and
- design methods and criteria for daylighting, ventilation and air infiltration (ISO/TC 205)
Standardization of the holistic assessment of the energy performance of new and existing buildings as well as building retrofits, in close collaboration with ISO/TC 205 by means of the ISO/TC163/WG4 Joint working group TC 163 & TC 205 Energy performance using holistic approach, including:
- terms and definitions;
- system boundaries for buildings and technical systems;
assessment of the overall energy performance of buildings, taking into account
- the energy performance of building elements;
- building related systems (heating, cooling, domestic hot water, ventilation, lighting, system controls, transport, and other energy related systems);
- indoor and outdoor conditions;
- local energy production (on site and at district level);
- (use of) energy sources (including renewable);
- building commissioning;
- assessment of overall energy efficiency; and
- means of expressing the energy performance and energy performance certification of buildings.
* This committee is overseen by one of SCC’s partner organizations, which will process your application and onboarding. Our partner organization will advise on next steps.
Apply to this committee:
Thank you for your interest in becoming a subject matter expert representing Canada on its mirror committee to the international technical committee of ISO or IEC. As a member, you will have the opportunity to network with experts from different backgrounds, gain access to industry insights, trends and best practices that will help your professional development. You will also explore how standardization can help your industry and engage in general knowledge and information exchange that can provide a competitive edge to your organization along with strengthening your organization's ability to compete.
Your application submission is the first step in the SCC's recruitment process. At this time, we invite you to review below the next steps in our application process.
Step 1: SCC's Member Services reviews the application package, and if required contacts the applicant for additional information or clarification on any information submitted.
Step 2: Member Services screens the applicant for suitability. Should the applicant not be suitable, Member Services will contact and inform the applicant of the results.
Step 3: Should the applicant be suitable; Member Services will contact and inform the applicant of the results.
Step 4: Successful applicants will proceed to SCC's onboarding process.
You are required to complete the form below, as part of the application process. Please include your curriculum vitae (CV) and a cover letter describing how your qualifications align with the committee's scope, how your experience will contribute to the work of the committee, what you hope to achieve as a participant and confirmation of the available resources (time and financial) to participate on the committee.
Notes for consideration:
- All fields are mandatory
- Résumé - Must identify any experience related to standards development or use..
- Cover letter - Must include how your qualifications/experience align with the scope and work programme of the committee; and confirmation of the available resources, both time and financial, to participate on the committee.
- There is no compensation for this position.
- Committee work activity, communications and related resources managed by the committee are not provided in both official languages.