This committee is actively recruiting for the following position(s):
Applicants should be from the following stakeholder group(s):
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply using the form below..
"To prepare International standards:
- concerning protection against electric shock arising from equipment, from installations and from systems without limit of voltage;
- for the design, erection foreseeable correct use, proper functioning and verification of all kind of electrical installations at supply voltage up to 1 kV AC. or 1,5 kV DC., except those installations covered by the following IEC committees: TC 9, TC 18, TC 44, TC 97, TC 99;
- in co-ordination with TC 99, concerning requirements additional to those of TC 99 for the design, erection and verification of electrical installations of buildings above 1 kV up to 35 kV.
The object of the standards shall be:
- to lay down requirements for installation and co-ordination of electrical equipment
- to lay down basic safety requirements for protection against electric shock for use by technical committees
- to lay down safety requirements for protection against other hazards arising from the use of electricity (e.g. thermal effects, overcurrent, fault currents, voltage disturbances)
- to specify the operational characteristics and performance criteria necessary for selection of equipment for installation applications
- to give general guidance to IEC member countries that may have need of such requirements
- and to facilitate international exchanges that may be hampered by differences in national regulations.
The standards will not cover individual items of electrical equipment other than their selection for use.
Horizontal Safety Function: Protection against electric shock for equipment and installations without limitation of voltage.
Group Safety Function: Protection against electric shock for low-voltage electrical installations.
Horizontal Energy Efficiency Function: low-voltage electrical installations."
For more information:
Apply to this committee:
Thank you for your interest in becoming a subject matter expert representing Canada on its mirror committee to the international technical committee of ISO or IEC. As a member, you will have the opportunity to network with experts from different backgrounds, gain access to industry insights, trends and best practices that will help your professional development. You will also explore how standardization can help your industry and engage in general knowledge and information exchange that can provide a competitive edge to your organization along with strengthening your organization's ability to compete.
Your application submission is the first step in the SCC's recruitment process. At this time, we invite you to review below the next steps in our application process.
Step 1: SCC's Member Services reviews the application package, and if required contacts the applicant for additional information or clarification on any information submitted.
Step 2: Member Services screens the applicant for suitability. Should the applicant not be suitable, Member Services will contact and inform the applicant of the results.
Step 3: Should the applicant be suitable; Member Services will contact and inform the applicant of the results.
Step 4: Successful applicants will proceed to SCC's onboarding process.
You are required to complete the form below, as part of the application process. Please include your curriculum vitae (CV) and a cover letter describing how your qualifications align with the committee's scope, how your experience will contribute to the work of the committee, what you hope to achieve as a participant and confirmation of the available resources (time and financial) to participate on the committee.
Notes for consideration:
- All fields are mandatory
- Résumé - Must identify any experience related to standards development or use..
- Cover letter - Must include how your qualifications/experience align with the scope and work programme of the committee; and confirmation of the available resources, both time and financial, to participate on the committee.
- There is no compensation for this position.
- Committee work activity, communications and related resources managed by the committee are not provided in both official languages.