This committee is actively recruiting for the following position(s):
Applicants should be from the following stakeholder group(s):
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply using the form below..
To prepare standards for electrical installations and equipment of ships and of mobile and fixed offshore units, incorporating good practice and aligning as far as possible existing regulations and IEC Publications. The standards will chiefly concern: a) factors promoting the safety of ships and of mobile and fixed offshore units; b) factors promoting safety of life; c) factors promoting preservation of the environment. The standards specify: i. practical interpretation and implementation of the requirements of the International Convention on Safety of Life at Sea (IMO SOLAS), and International Convention on Mobile Offshore Drilling Unit (IMO MODU); ii. documents for Authorities and Administrators to refer to in their regulations; iii. a coherent set of requirements, based on recommended practices, to be used by owners, builders and appropriate organizations. The standards also foster interchangeability of parts and ease the selection and procurement of equipment, including cables for transport of energy, signals and data, by indicating, as appropriate, IEC standards of ratings, types, dimensions, materials, quality, test methods, etc., whether or not these are influenced by regulations, and will thus facilitate interchanges between purchaser and supplier.
Apply to this committee:
Committee application form:
Steps in the application process
Step 1: Select one of the links above to fill out the application form.
- If you are a Standards Council of Canada (SCC) member, assessor or staff member, select the “Sign in with SCC” button to complete the form.
- If you have signed up with SCC using your email address, select the “Login with your SCC guest account” button to complete the form.
- If you are new to SCC, you need to create an account with us. Select the button “Create a new guest account.” After your request is approved, our team will activate your account, then send you a link to the committee application form.
Step 2: Complete the questions on the form and attach:
- your resumé / curriculum vitae (CV)
- a motivation letter on how your experience aligns with the committee’s scope
Step 3: Our Member Services team will review your application and reach out with our decision.
Step 4: Our team will onboard successful candidates.