This is chapter 5 of the Accreditation: Where standards, conformity and quality meet orientation module. A transcript of the video follows below.
Chapter 5: What accreditation services does SCC offer?
SCC’s Accreditation Services branch delivers accreditation services to Canadian customers working in Canada and abroad, and two international customers doing business in Canada. SCC accreditation recognizes the competence of laboratories and certification bodies.
The following kinds of organizations are accredited by SCC under SCC's ISO-based programs:
- Testing and calibration laboratories
- Management systems certification bodies
- Personnel certification bodies
- Product, process and service certification bodies
- Greenhouse gas validators/verifiers, and
- Inspection bodies
SCC also offers two Non-ISO-based accreditation programs:
- OECD Good laboratory practice facilities, and
- Standards development organizations
What types of testing laboratories does SCC accredit?
- Food testing
- Drinking water testing
- Environmental sample testing
- Mineral testing, and
- Materials testing laboratories
What types of management systems does SCC accredit?
- Food safety, and
- Occupational health and safety management systems
What types of product certification does SCC accredit?
- Fire protection
- Safety equipment
- Energy-efficient, and
- Mobile home component product certification
What types of inspections does SCC accredit?
- Electrical systems
- Medical gas piping systems, and
- Commercial gas-fired appliance inspections
Why get accredited by SCC?
SCC is well-respected in Canada and around the world. As a signatory to the International Accreditation Forum and the International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation, SCC can assess according to ISO standards and is subject to regular evaluation itself. SCC’s customers can feel confident in the credibility of products, systems and services that SCC accredits in Canada and abroad.
SCC consistently delivers high-quality and rigorous accreditation services.
For more information about SCC's Accreditation Services, and for listings of SCC-accredited organizations, please visit scc.ca.