Canada’s standardization network depends on the dedication and commitment of young professionals. The SCC Young Leader Award recognizes the leaders of tomorrow by honouring an engaged and active participant of the standardization network who is under the age of 40.
Candidates for the SCC Young Leader Award must be under 40 years of age by the date of the SCC Awards ceremony. Nominees must have contributed significantly to national or international standardization efforts for a period of at least (2) years and demonstrated exemplary participations, leadership or technical assistance in the development, promotion or implementation of policies, standards or guides (through certification or accreditation programs).
The recipient will be selected for exceptional qualities displayed during standardization activities, including:
- Engaged, active participant
- Growth and continually progressive responsibilities through the course of their standardization work
- Collaborative, teamwork-oriented
- Demonstrated vision
- Strong leadership growth potential
Nominees must also meet the general eligibility criteria of the SCC Awards.
- 2020 - Gillian Wintonic
- 2018 - Dr. Amin Yazdani
- 2016 - Mark Ramlochan, ULC Standards
- 2014 - Stephanie McLarty, REfficient Inc.