The SCC Corporate Commitment Award recognizes the contributions and commitment made by a group or organization (e.g. business, academic, non-governmental organization, consumer, federal-, territorial-, provincial-, and/or municipal government body) in support of standardization activities nationally and internationally.
Nominees of the SCC Corporate Commitment Award must have contributed significantly to national or international standardization efforts, for a period of at least five (5) years and demonstrated exemplary participation, leadership, technical assistance, or financial support in the development, promotion or implementation of policies, standards or guides (through certification or accreditation programs).
The recipient organization will be selected based on exceptional characteristics displayed in its standardization activities, including:
- Commitment to the use of standards in its sector
- Expanding leadership role within their sector through standardization activities
- Support for standardization at multiple levels of management within the organization
- Active leadership in promoting standards / standardization in its sector
Nominees must also meet the general eligibility criteria of the SCC Awards.
- 2020 - Réseau Normalisation et Francophonie (RNF)
- 2018 - National Research Council
- 2016 - Mental Health Commission of Canada
- 2014 - Health Canada’s Consumer Product Safety Directorate (CPSD)
- 2012 - Canadian Dental Association
- 2010 - Canadian Electricity Association (CEA)
- 2010 - Natural Resources Canada (NRCan)
- 2008 - Leber/Rubes Inc.
- 2006 - Medical Devices Bureau Health Canada
- 2004 - Hydro-Québec
- 2002 - Department of National Defence-Directorate of Quality Assurance (DQA)