The Standards Council of Canada (SCC) is pleased that eight experienced leaders have been appointed to our governing Council, including six new members and two reappointments. The Council members were appointed by The Honourable Navdeep Bains, Minister of Innovation, Science and Economic Development (ISED) and Minister responsible for the Standards Council of Canada (SCC), on October 26, 2018. They are:
- Mr. Michael Burns, P.Eng., Retired
- Mr. Tom Bursey, FCPA, ICD.D., Vice President, Corporate Services & Chief Financial Officer, Council of Canadian Academies
- Dr. François Coallier, Ph.D, Eng., Professor, École de technologie supérieure
- Ms. Zakiah A. Kassam, P.Eng., Principal, Airvironment Canada
- Ms. Glenda Reid, BN, MBA, Retired
- Dr. Brent Schacter, Physician, CancerCare Manitoba and Professor, University of Manitoba
- Mr. Colin Clark, P. Eng., Chief Technical Officer, Brookfield Renewable (reappointment)
- Ms. Kathryn Coll, President and Managing Partner, HR Atlantic (reappointment)
Mr. Clark has also been appointed Council Vice-Chairperson.
SCC’s Council plays a critical role in setting the strategic direction of the organization and in ensuring strong governance practices. Members are appointed based on their knowledge and experience, and they actively support SCC’s mandate to enhance Canada's economic competitiveness and well-being through the development and use of standardization.
“We are delighted to welcome these new members to SCC’s Council, as well as welcome back Colin and Kathryn. Our Council members’ experience and perspectives add tremendous value, as we continue executing our ambitious plan to leverage standardization solutions to drive economic growth and improve the quality of life for all Canadians.”
Kathy Milsom, SCC Council Chair