Join the community of standards experts
International standards development is fueled by professionals who join committees to make sure their country’s voice is represented. Over 3,000 Canadian technical committee members share their expertise to help shape international standards.
When joining a technical committee, you:
- receive training on standardization and how it works
- exchange with experts from Canada and around the world
- influence and contribute to emerging trends
- shape the future of global standardization and conformity assessment
- advance the health, safety and economic well-being of Canadians
- boost your organization’s competitiveness
- access global knowledge and foresight
Be part of the standards community and start shaping the future
"I am so glad I got involved in standardization. It gives me the opportunity to make a difference by using my expertise to help Canada lead in digital health innovation, support better and faster patient care for Canadians and ensure that my organization stays at the leading edge."
- Elizabeth Keller, Vice-President, Business Development & Stakeholder Relations, OntarioMD
Head of Delegation (Canada) for ISO/TC 215, the technical committee on health informatics
Where we participate internationally
The Standards Council of Canada oversees Canadian participation in hundreds of committees as the national member body at International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC).
We are committed to improving gender balance and young professionals’ participation in standards development. We especially encourage women and people under the age of 40 to get involved.