For the purposes of the Standards Council's Member Program, you are a member if you are not an employee of the Standards Council, but find yourself doing most or all of the following:
- undertaking tasks or responsibilities on behalf of the Standards Council;
- taking part in policy committees, technical committees, sub-committees or task, working or ad-hoc groups of these committees; or assessments as part of an accreditation program;
- offering your time, skills, knowledge and energy to advance the objectives of the Standards Council;
- representing Canada in regional or international standardization forums;
- working on behalf of your organization or stakeholder group in partnership with the Standards Council and the National Standards System; or
- doing all of this because of your background or expertise in a particular subject area.