Standards and conformity assessment are here when Canadians need them most
SCC is committed to supporting government, industry and the broader community to respond to the unprecedented challenge of COVID-19. Canadian response has been tremendous, with federal resources and standardization partners working together to aid manufacturers who are shifting production lines and creating new products to tackle COVID-19.
Read our full statement here.
To speed rapid and effective response efforts to the mounting COVID-19 global health crisis, Standards Development Organizations (SDOs) are providing access to essential standards that will help companies and manufacturers respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to help you, we have compiled a list of relevant standards and testing.
SCC Client Support
In view of the significant health risks posed by COVID-19, our offices remain closed until further notice. All operations continue to fully function, with staff working remotely. SCC staff are available via phone and email. Please visit our staff directory page or for general inquiries please contact us.
If you are uncertain about matters pertaining to your Accreditation please contact your assigned Account Manager either via email or phone.
SCC is encouraging assessments and partial assessments remotely during this period in situations where:
- The feasibility of such fulfills the technical requirements of the accreditation program; consequently, for all programs no witness audits and no initial assessments will be conducted; GLP inspections will also not be conducted remotely.
- Assessors are comfortable with this methodology.
- Customers have the necessary technical capabilities and can readily access to their documentation and records.
- Customers are open to the approach and this is not adding an undue burden on the organization.
- For additional information on Accreditation, please refer to our latest Bulletin.
All international and domestic travel has been suspended immediately until further notice. It will be re-evaluated on an ongoing basis based on Government and Public Health directives.
If you have any questions about initiatives or ongoing consultations, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
SCC continues to provide support to our stakeholders
Standards provide guidance where guidance is most needed: in producing the items we rely on for our well-being and survival. In times like these, we do not have the luxury of time, and must respond quickly, efficiently and effectively to collaborate, innovate, and deliver.
SCC continues to be here to provide guidance for government and industry and to facilitate coordination, cooperation, and access to the standardization support needed most during this crisis.