How can we help you?
We have listed some links below that can help with questions about:
- Canadian or international standards;
- Purchasing a standard;
- Regulations for products in Canada
- Finding an SCC-accredited provider for your certification, inspection or standards development needs;
- Finding an SCC-accredited laboratory for testing or calibration;
- Becoming accredited by SCC to provide testing, certification, inspection, standards development, etc.;
- Participating in the development of standards;
- Raising a formal complaint about SCC, an SCC assessment provider, or an SCC-accredited organization.
Visit the Standards Council of Canada’s (SCC’s) Frequently Asked Questions page for more information about our programs and services as well as referrals to government departments, agencies or organizations that can help you.
Feedback process about accessibility
SCC welcomes feedback, including feedback submitted anonymously, from our employees, member institutions, and members of the public about accessibility at SCC and about our accessibility plan. We are committed to reviewing the feedback we receive and taking steps to address barriers that are identified through this feedback.
You can submit feedback about accessibility at SCC by:
Phone: 1 613 238 3222
Mail: 55, rue Metcalfe Street, Suite/bureau 600, Ottawa, Ontario K1P 6L5
If you contact us to give us feedback and it is not anonymous, we will be sure to let you know we’ve received your feedback within 48 business hours. This feedback will be used to help us measure the progress we’re making in becoming more accessible.
Do you have a complaint about SCC, an SCC assessment provider or an SCC-accredited organization?
Visit our Complaints page to learn more and begin the process.
For all other enquiries, please complete the form below