SCC offers accreditation for cannabis testing labs in Canada and beyond. The applicable standard is ISO/IEC 17025:2017 – General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories. During the accreditation process, we can assess competence to perform multiple tests important to the cannabis industry, including but not limited to:
- Quantification of multiple types of cannabinoids, including THC, CBD, CBN, etc.
- Pesticide residue screening
- Analysis of loss due to drying
- Identification of male and female cannabis plants
- Microbial analysis of cannabis samples
Accredited laboratories typically operate more efficiently and produce more accurate test results. Accreditation also sends an important signal to customers that testing is based on the latest, most accurate, validated methods.