The Standards Council of Canada (SCC) offers an internationally recognized accreditation program for proficiency testing providers throughout Canada. Proficiency testing providers are organizations which take responsibility for all aspects of the development and operation of proficiency testing laboratories.
Requirements for SCC’s Accreditation Program for proficiency testing providers are defined in ISO/IEC 17043:2010 Conformity assessment — General requirements for proficiency testing.
Accredited proficiency testing providers produce proficiency testing samples which compare results from similar testing laboratories allowing laboratories to:
- Assess and demonstrate the reliability of the data they produce
- Identify areas where improvement in their testing and measurement methods is needed
- Identify further training needs of staff
- Foster confidence in the performance of their testing and measurements
- Assure laboratory competence and confidence in results
Scope of accreditation
The scope of accreditation defines the activities covered by an organization’s accreditation. SCC offers accreditation to proficiency testing providers in many fields, which include, but are not limited to:
- Forensic Testing
- Mineral Analysis
Get started on your SCC accreditation process.
A list of SCC-accredited providers, including the date, status and scope of accreditation.
Purchase the standards and standards-based products you are looking for.