Take note that the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) is implementing changes to the accreditation process.
All accredited CBAP, IBAP, MSAP, VVBAP, CPAP, and SDOAP customers and assessors.
To better serve customers, SCC pleased to announce that we are putting in place improvements and streamlining processes related to assessment activities. These changes will result in customers receiving faster decisions, while ensuring consistency and maintaining excellence in the services they receive. The changes are in compliance with ISO/IEC 17011:2017.
Effective December 7, 2022, all accredited Conformity Assessment Bodies (CABs) in the following programs shall expect changes to the services they receive from SCC during the accreditation process, specifically during surveillance years:
- Certification Body Accreditation Program (CBAP)
- Inspection Body Accreditation Program (IBAP)
- Management System Accreditation Program (MSAP)
- Verification and Validation Bodies Accreditation Program (VVBAP)
- Certification of Personnel Accreditation Program (CPAP)
- Standards Development Organizations Accreditation Program (SDOAP)
These are the changes:
- An accreditation report will no longer be issued during surveillance years.
- Witness Audits will undergo an independent technical and process review (ART) separate from office assessment activities.
A Findings Report will be issued following each activity even when there are no nonconformities, observations, or commendations to report. The Findings Report will include the following
- Information on the extent of ICT (Information and Communication Technology) usage and its effectiveness in achieving the objectives, if applicable.
- Any items of special consideration to be noted by the CAB.
- A summary of the CAB’s conformity to the accreditation criteria.
The changes in this bulletin come into effect starting 2022-12-07.
Please contact Abdel Kassou, Manager, Compliance and Assessment Services, at email@example.com or +1 613 238 3222 for more information.