All SCC-accredited and applicant testing laboratories shall conform to version 2 of the SCC Requirements and Guidance for Method Verification and Validation in Testing Laboratories (RG-MVVT), 2021-05-24 https://www.scc.ca/en/about-scc/publications/criteria-and-procedures/scc-requirements-and-guidance-for-method-validation-testing-laboratories.
- Approved on: 2021-05-24
- Published on: 2021-08-24
- Effective as of: 2021-08-24
SCC-accredited and applicant testing laboratories, and Laboratory Accreditation Program assessors.
These changes were made to align SCC Requirements and Guidance for Method Verification and Validation in Testing Laboratories (RG-MVVT) conforming to clause 7.2 of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 ‘Selection, verification and validation of methods’.
The requirements have been revised to be in alignment with applicable clauses of ISO/IEC 17025:2017 related to method verification and validation. Below is a list of the main changes in this revised document:
- Normative References’ section: is separated into normative and informative references. Out of date references have been removed;
- ‘Definitions’: includes method verification and validation and new definitions for modified and in-house methods;
- ‘Verification of Test methods’: a new section is added to the requirements;
- ‘Validation process’ has been updated to reflect the current requirements of clause 7.2.2 of ISO/IEC 17025:2017;
Introduction of two new sections related to the following topics:
- Annex A: Performance Characteristics;
- Annex B: Guideline for verifications of test methods in AFAP-PSA.
The new version of this document is effective immediately. All testing labs accredited by SCC are requested to update their documents and processes accordingly. Full conformity is expected by 2021-11-24, after which nonconformities will be issued for nonfulfillment of these requirements.
Please contact Vivekananthan Kulasingham, Manager, Compliance and Assessment Services, at email@example.com or +1 613 238 3222 ext. 350 for more information.