All accredited Product, Process and Service Certification Bodies who are currently certifying organizations to CanadaGAP are required to transition to CanadaGAP Version 8.0 of the Program Management Manual by April 1st, 2021. CBs have to transition their customers to CanadaGAP Version 8.0 of the Program Management Manual as of April 1st, 2020.
Certification Bodies, auditors, and assessors working in the area of food safety, specifically the CanadaGAP scheme.
Version 8.0 of the CanadaGAP Program Management Manual was effective April 1st 2020. In particular, some sections of the Program Management Manual (Component 3) were revised:
As part of this transition, assessors have attended the on-line training conducted by CanadaGAP on 4 May 2020. At the same time, CBs currently accredited for this program should start preparing a transition plan.
CBs accredited for CanadaGAP are required to provide evidence of the following to SCC:
The inclusion of CanadaGAP Program Management Manual v8.0 requirements in the CB management system with particular attention on:
- CanadaGAP Program Management Manual v8.0 and transition process requirements
- Information to certified organizations about CanadaGAP Program Management Manual v8.0
- Training of all CB personnel
- Qualification of auditors
- Any identified deficiencies in the CB management system shall be covered by an action plan
- Statement of management commitment confirming the CB is ready for and in compliance with CanadaGAP Program Management Manual v8.0 requirements based on an internal audit
- Transition Plan
In order to ensure ample transition time, CBs shall transition to CanadaGAP Program Management Manual Version 8.0 by no later than April 1st, 2021. The recommended deadline to submit the documentation to SCC is November the 30th 2020.
Please contact Abdel Kassou, Manager, Compliance and Assessment Services, Accreditation Services, at email@example.com or +1 613 238 3222 ext. 443 for more information.