Effective July 1st, 2020, all customers are required to take note of the changes in the revised Accreditation Program Overview. The changes are noted below.
Customers in any of SCC’s accreditation and recognition programs should take note of these changes.
SCC’s Accreditation Services has issued an updated version of the Accreditation Program Overview. The primary purpose of this document is to outline how the accreditation programs are organized and operate. It is regularly reviewed and updated, and this revision includes new and modified content.
The changes include:
- Addition of the following MSAP schemes to SCC’s international signatory status: Energy Management, Food Safety Management and Medical Device Management
- Refinement of the application process description and determination of applicant readiness
- Specification of off-site sample preparation for mineral analysis laboratories
- Addition of Transport Canada’s Electronic Logging Device (ELD) scheme to CBAP
- Addition of ICAO Carbon Offsetting and Reduction Scheme for International Aviation (CORSIA) to GHG program
- Addition of ILAC G18 for the formulation of Scopes of Accreditation for Laboratories
- Update of IAF MD 5, determination of audit time in certification of certain management systems
- Update of IAF MD 11, requirements for audits of integrated management systems
- Update of IAF MD 22, for the certification of OH&SMS
- Update of ISO 22000, food safety management
- Update of ILAC P15, additional requirements for inspection bodies
- Retiring Z804 and IAF MD 3
- Revisions to SDO self-declaration process
The revised Accreditation Program Overview becomes effective Wednesday, July 1st, 2020.
For more information, please contact Elias Rafoul, Vice-President, Accreditation Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 613 238 3222 ext. 329.