All SCC-accredited inspection bodies shall conform to the latest revised edition of the SCC Requirements and Guidance – Inspection Body Accreditation Program (RG-IBAP).
SCC-accredited inspection bodies, applicant inspection bodies, and assessors.
The Standards Council of Canada has conducted an overall review of the Inspection Body Accreditation Program as a result of feedback received from various stakeholders including SCC-accredited inspection bodies. A working group was formed in 2019 and consultations were undertaken to revise certain requirements with the purpose of bridging gaps and eliminating inconsistencies in the administration of this accreditation program. The new revised edition has undergone final review and approval with the Canadian Advisory Council on Electrical Safety (CACES) and the Interprovincial Gas Advisory Council (IGAC) prior to publishing.
The latest edition is available here for use by inspection bodies, technical experts, and assessors: link
As well, an associated Criteria Matrix has been prepared and is available by contacting your Account Manager.
Version 4 of the SCC Requirements and Guidance – Inspection Body Accreditation Program (RG-IBAP) includes a new structure with specific annexes for each of the sub-programs: Annex A (SPE-1000 and SPE-3000); Annex B (Commercial and Industrial Gas-Fired Appliances); and Annex C (Medical Gas Piping Systems). Below is a list of some of the changes in this revised document:
- Section 4, 5, 6 added to the RG-IBAP document (previously in the Accreditation Services – Accreditation Program Overview)
- Section 7 added to the RG-IBAP document (previously in the Accreditation Services – Accreditation Program Overview with additional requirements added on witness audit frequency requirements)
- NEW Section 8 added which includes the witness audit complexity requirements for each of the sub-programs
- NEW Inspection report requirements added for inspections conducted for Commercial and Industrial Gas-Fired appliances.
- NEW Medical Gas Piping systems inspection report requirements
To successfully transition to the latest revision of the RG-IBAP document, all inspection bodies shall be assessed through a desk review and have their scope of accreditation updated by the transition deadline. Alternatively, inspection bodies have the option of being assessed to the latest RG-IBAP document on-site or remotely at their next HO assessment prior to the transition deadline.
Inspection bodies are required to:
- Provide evidence of updates to their management system covering the required modifications
- Provide evidence of updates to their inspection form and/or report
- Provide evidence of up-to-date qualification/authorization matrices
- Conduct internal audits in accordance with the latest revised edition of the RG-IBAP document and provide the associated evidence
- Meet the witness audit requirements, including the identified complexity requirements, following the effective date identified below
The dates below are important deadlines and descriptions for the transition:
- July 1st, 2020: Earliest date for Documentation submission by an Inspection Body to SCC
- January 1st, 2021: Deadline to submit documentation to ensure successful transition by the effective date
- April 1st, 2021: Effective date of the new revised edition of the SCC Requirements and Guidance – Inspection Body Accreditation Program
Please contact Abdel Kassou, Manager, Compliance and Assessment Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 613 238 3222 ext. 443 for more information.