All accredited management systems certification bodies who are currently certifying organizations to FSSC 22000 V4.1 are required to transition their customers to FSSC 22000 V5 by June 29th, 2021.
Certification bodies, auditors, and assessors working in the area of food safety management systems, specifically the FSSC 22000 scheme.
In response to the publication of ISO 22000:2018, FSSC has issued a revised version of its FSSC 22000 standard, focusing on the following:
- Inclusion of the Board of Stakeholders list of decisions
- Compliance with GFSI requirements
- Continual improvement process
As part of this transition, SCC will be providing training to its existing qualified assessors on the new standard. At the same time, CBs currently accredited for this program should start preparing a transition plan to convert their existing certifications over to FSSC 22000.
CBs accredited for FSSC 22000 are required to provide evidence of the following to SCC:
The inclusion of all FSSC 22000 Scheme V5 requirements in the CB management system with particular attention on:
- FSSC 22000 Scheme V5 and transition process requirements;
- Information to certified organizations about FSSC 22000 Scheme V5;
- Training of all CB personnel;
- Qualification of auditors.
- Any identified deficiencies in the CB management system shall be covered by an action plan;
- Statement of management commitment confirming the CB is ready for and in compliance with FSSC 22000 Scheme V5 requirements based on an internal audit.
- Transition Plan
CBs are not allowed to conduct audits against FSSC 22000 V5 until SCC as reviewed the documents above and approved their transition plan.
FSSC has issued a guidance document on the transition, which is available here: http://www.fssc22000.com/documents/standards/downloads.xml?lang=en
As well, for your information, FSSC has also published a gap analysis regarding the new ISO 22000, which is available here: http://www.fssc22000.com/documents/graphics/dynamic/home/1.xml?lang=en
In order to ensure ample transition frame, CBs shall transition to FSSC V5 by no later than December 31st, 2019. The recommended deadline to submit the documentation to SCC is September the 30th 2019.
Please contact Elias Rafoul, Vice President, Accreditation Services, at email@example.com or +1 613 238 3222 ext. 329 for more information.