All accredited Product, Process and Service Certification Bodies who are currently certifying organizations to CanadaGAP are required to transition their customers to CanadaGAP Version 7.2 of the Program Management Manual by April 1st 2020.
Certification Bodies, auditors, and assessors working in the area of food safety, specifically the CanadaGAP scheme.
CanadaGAP released the version 7.2 of the CanadaGAP Program Management Manual effective April 1st 2019. In particular, some sections of Appendix III.1 were revised:
- Section 2.2.1 (d)
- Section 2.5 (a)
- Section 5.2.1 (b)
- Section 184.108.40.206
- Section 5.2.3
- Section 6.1 (c)
As part of this transition, SCC will be providing training to its existing qualified assessors on the new standard. At the same time, CBs currently accredited for this program should start preparing a transition plan.
CBs accredited for CanadaGAP are required to provide evidence of the following to SCC:
The inclusion of CanadaGAP Program Management Manual v7.2 requirements in the CB management system with particular attention on:
- CanadaGAP Program Management Manual v7.2 and transition process requirements
- Information to certified organizations about CanadaGAP Program Management Manual v7.2
- Training of all CB personnel
- Qualification of auditors
- Any identified deficiencies in the CB management system shall be covered by an action plan
- Statement of management commitment confirming the CB is ready for and in compliance with CanadaGAP Program Management Manual v7.2 requirements based on an internal audit.
- Transition Plan
In order to ensure ample transition frame, CBs shall transition to CanadaGAP Program Management Manual v7.2 by no later than April 1 2020. The recommended deadline to submit the documentation to SCC is December the 31, 2019.
Please contact Abdel Kassou, Manager, Compliance and Assessment Services, Accreditation Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 613 238 3222 ext. 443 for more information.