Noting the changes described below.
The Accreditation Program Overview has been revised with the following new or altered material:
- SCC has added a statement clarifying that our services are only offered in English and French, Canada’s two official languages;
- Statements regarding Fixed Office Locations, specifically that each Fixed Office Location will be visited during the initial assessment phase, followed by each location being visited once during each subsequent accreditation cycle;
- Information has been added to Appendix A - Management Systems Certification Body Accreditation regarding Advanced Surveillance and Recertification Procedures and Computer Assisted Auditing Techniques ("CAAT") for Accredited Certification of Management Systems (no new requirement – only clarifications);
- Information has been added to Appendix D - Greenhouse Gas Validation and Verification Body Accreditation regarding SCC’s new program in conjunction with V.C.S. (Verified Carbon Standard);
- Appendix G - Medical Laboratory Accreditation has been updated to include information on the presentation of medical laboratory scopes (including flexible scopes) as well as policies regarding the selection of sample collection facilities (this information is similar to the one that was contained in CAN-P-1569 – no new requirement);
- And finally, the Program Requirements for several programs have been brought up-to-date with revised references for some documents.
Please note that the Accreditation Program Overview includes references to several new documents that are not published yet, but will be over the next two months. A detailed bulletin will be issued shortly by program explaining the correlation between the old CAN-Ps and the new set of documents as well as providing clarity on any new requirements and compliance timelines.
Please contact Cynthia Milito, Director, Accreditation Services, at email@example.com or +1 613 238 3222 ext. 489 for more information.