For SCC Accreditation Services Customers
As you are aware, SCC has made significant changes to its Quality Management System and organizational structure over the past couple of years, and today we are informing you of more changes. One of the goals of this modernization plan has been to bring consistency across all SCC conformity assessment programs. Now that all programs are using the same process for their assessments, it is time to create a new document that will replace the existing handbook CAN-Ps. This new document is called the Accreditation Program Overview, and it is available at https://www.scc.ca/en/about-scc/publications/criteria-and-procedures
The main body of the document outlines the entire accreditation process from start to finish. As well, it includes information on complaints, withdrawals, suspensions, and appeals, as the Accreditation Program Overview will also replace CAN-P-15. At the end of the document are ten appendices, one for each of our programs, which go into more program-specific detail on topics such as witness audits, accreditation cycles, and classification of nonconformities.
With the publication of the Accreditation Program Overview, the following CAN-Ps and handbook become obsolete:
- CAN-P-15:2014 - Policy for the Suspension and Withdrawal of Accreditation and the Resolution of Complaints and Appeals
- CAN-P-1517:2013 - Management Systems Accreditation Program, (MSAP) Handbook, Conditions and Procedures for the Accreditation of Bodies Certifying Management Systems
- CAN-P-1570:2014 - Program Requirements for Applicant and Accredited Laboratories
- CAN-P-1509:2011 - Personnel Certification Body Accreditation Program (PCBAP) Handbook: Conditions and Procedures for the Accreditation of Bodies certifying persons
- CAN-P-1501A - Certification Body Accreditation Program Handbook - Conditions and Procedures for the Accreditation of Bodies Certifying Products, Processes and Services - April 2009
- CAN-P-1569:2014 - Program Requirements for Applicant and Accredited Medical Laboratories
- Accreditation Programs: Application and Accreditation Maintenance Procedures for Inspection Bodies - Companion Handbook to CAN-P-8
The Accreditation Program Overview is in effect immediately. If you have any questions, Cynthia Milito, Director, Accreditation Services.