The Standards Council of Canada (SCC) engages highly experienced experts in various technical fields for our industry-leading accreditation programs. By becoming an assessor for SCC, you will play a vital role in improving Canadians' safety and well-being while gaining valuable professional experience.
SCC engages technical experts, inspectors, and assessors on a contractual basis, allowing you the flexibility to accept assessment assignments on a case-by-case basis. Typically, the average assessor/technical expert will complete one to three assessments per year, depending on technical area and availability. In addition to compensation for all work associated with assessments, SCC also pays for all travel.
Other benefits of participating in SCC’s assessment programs include:
- Ongoing professional development
- Networking with industry colleagues
- Exposure to modern assessment techniques and innovations
- Increased professional recognition
- Specialized training and support from SCC
- Contribution to the health, safety, and well-being of Canadians
Assessment opportunities are offered on a contractual basis. SCC employs a number of full-time Program Managers who also conduct assessment activities. Program Manager positions are posted on the Career Opportunities page, when they are available.
SCC is currently seeking the following experienced experts:
- Lead Inspector / Inspector – Good Laboratory Practice (GLP)
- Assessor – Medical Laboratory Testing
- Customer Service Certification Expert, Funeral Service Providers
- Assessor - Aerospace
- Technical Expert - Communications Equipment and Systems
- Technical Experts – Electrical Equipment (CSA/SPE-1000) and Medical Electrical Equipment (CSA/SPE-3000)
- Technical Experts – Medical Gas Piping Systems
- Assessors and Technical Experts - Greenhouse Gas Validation and Verification Body Accreditation (GHGAP)
- Assessor – Product Certification and Inspection Body Accreditation Programs
You may also be interested in participating in standards development work.