This document provides an overview of the CSD Program, which SCC governs as part of its mandate. For the purposes of expediency, the acronym CSD – POV will be used. The following areas are included:
- Process for SDO Accreditation,
- National Standards of Canada (NSC) and Adoptions,
- Centralized Notification System (CNS),
- Duplication Resolution Mechanism (DRM),
- Management of contracts awarded to SCC-accredited SDOs, and
- Oversight of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR), exploitation rights, sales/royalties and distribution of ISO/IEC standards.
The design of this document was updated on April 14, 2021. The content of this document was published on April 5, 2017.