SCC’s Accreditation Services branch accredits conformity assessment bodies, such as testing laboratories and product certification bodies, to internationally recognized standards. SCC operates accreditation and recognition programs for:
- Management Systems Certification Bodies
- Product, Process and Service Certification Bodies
- Inspection Bodies
- Greenhouse Gas Validation/Verification Bodies
- Bodies performing the Certification of Persons
- Standards Development Organizations
- Testing and Calibration Laboratories
- Medical Testing Laboratories
- Proficiency Testing Providers
- Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) Facilities
SCC is also a signatory to several Mutual Recognition Agreements and Multilateral Agreements with organizations in place to assist with international acceptance of conformity assessment results. These agreements are part of greater efforts to form a global accreditation system, consistent with the goal of one standard, one test, one certification recognized and accepted globally.
Accreditation Advisory Panel
The Accreditation Services branch is supported by the Accreditation Advisory Panel, which provides policy advice and oversight with a view to ensuring fairness and impartiality in relevant SCC policies and programming. The Accreditation Advisory Panel is made up of regulatory, industry and consumer stakeholders, as well as other Canadian subject-matter experts.