The Standards Council of Canada (SCC) facilitates Canadian participation on more than 450 committees in areas that are of strategic importance to Canada’s economic success and long-term well-being. The allocation of funding through this process supports Canada’s standardization priorities and strengthens Canada’s voice on international standards committees.
SCC supports the work of Canadian experts who attend and participate in International Organization for Standardization (ISO) and the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) committee meetings. Funding applications are approved based on criteria in Requirements & Guidance – Committee Accreditation and Financial Assistance which details the requirements to participate and receive financial assistance to attend committee meetings in fiscal year 2016-17.
The document was revised in 2015 to include the following changes:
- The budget will be allocated by consensus of the mirror committee and paid upon proof of attendance and a report of the committee meeting. Payment of approved financial assistance will not require receipts.
- Committees receiving funding from external sources will be required to contribute a minimum of $1,000. If the application for funding is approved, SCC will match the contribution dollar for dollar to a maximum of $5,000. Funds will be drawn from committee contribution before using SCC funds.
- Leadership funding will not be separate from Committee funding and will be allocated as part of the Committee’s annual budget. For those successful committee applications that also have an International Chair and/or International Secretary position, SCC will make available an additional $2,500 for each eligible position up to a maximum of $5,000. The maximum financial contribution to be allocated by SCC to each committee is $15,000.
For more information:
- International Standards Development: Program Overview
- Requirements & Guidance – Committee Accreditation and Financial Assistance
- Form A – SCC Mirror Committee Application for Committee Accreditation and Financial Assistance
- Form B – SCC Mirror Committee External Funding Commitment Form
- Form D – Application for Delegation Accreditation and Financial Assistance
- Recommended Financial Assistance Allocations For International Standards Development
- Requirements and procedures for all SCC programs
Contact SCC’s International Standards Development Program with questions about eligibility or the application process.