Reference # IN-GLP-20
The Standards Council of Canada (SCC) is seeking Inspectors for the Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) Recognition Program.
Inspectors play a key role in the inspection of GLP facilities by applying their extensive GLP expertise to evaluate that studies are planned, performed, monitored, recorded, archived and reported according to OECD GLP principles. GLP inspectors are responsible for planning, conducting and following up after GLP inspections. They will apply their considerable knowledge in GLP to conducting documentation reviews, inspection of facilities, interviews with key staff, and witnessing critical phase activities to support GLP Recognition Inspections.
- Develop inspection plan
- Conduct inspections according to OECD GLP
- Create finding and recognition reports
- Follow-up with customers to review evidence and close findings
- Perform independent internal reviews of inspections performed by other inspection teams
If you believe you could contribute to SCC as a GLP inspector, please submit your application below, including your resume, and a cover letter clearly demonstrating how your meet the essential qualifications for the area in question.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience working in a facility performing GLP studies in a quality assurance role.
- Mastery of the implementation of OECD Good Laboratory Practice Principles, consensus, advisory and guidance documents
- Strong review skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Sound judgement and evaluation abilities
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, both within an inspection team, and with customers
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications, and web-based communications
- Ability to work independently or with limited supervision
- Ability to effectively represent SCC and follow SCC’s policies and procedures
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to work in French and English (Bilingual Essential)
- Availability to travel within Canada, occasionally on short notice
- Ability to work in a variety of environments
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter clearly demonstrating how you meet the Essential Qualifications listed in the role description.
- Your application must be submitted before the closing date.
- All applications will be considered, however preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those applicants whose qualifications are most relevant will be considered and contacted.