Reference Number: AS-FSMS-20
The Standards Council of Canada (SCC) is seeking assessors to conduct accreditation visits on a contractual basis as part of its Management Systems Accreditation Program (ISO/IEC 17021).
If you believe you could contribute to SCC as an Assessor, please submit your application below, including your resume and a cover letter clearly demonstrating how your meet the essential qualifications.
Job Summary and Key Activities
Assessors play a key role in the assessment of certification bodies as part of SCC’s accreditation programs.
Working on a contractual basis, Assessors use their expertise in management systems and industry experience to complete evaluations of organizations seeking accreditation.
Assessors are responsible for assessing certification bodies against technical requirements of ISO/IEC 17021.
They will apply their expertise and experience in this field by reviewing policies and procedures, conducting interviews with certification body personnel, reviewing documents and records, and evaluating other aspects of the organization’s operations.
- Work closely with the SCC personnel to determine the scope and criteria to be assessed
- Conduct interviews as part of a team, or independently, to assess the competence of personnel
- Review technical, procedural, and administrative records in order to assess evidence of conformity with relevant criteria
- Assess the conformity of policies and procedures to relevant accreditation criteria
- Report to the Lead Assessor on findings, rates criteria for accreditation, provides recommendations based on evidence
- Write findings and reports based on observations during accreditation activities
- Observe the work of Certification Body personnel to assess the conformity to procedures and application of relevant standards
- Establish a good relationship with SCC’s customers
- Post-secondary education in relevant discipline
- Formal training in ISO/IEC 17021 considered an asset
- ASQ or IRCA certification considered an asset
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience working in a Food Safety Management Systems (FSSC 22000 and ISO 22000) setting
- Experience with the CanadaGap and SQF schemes considered an asset
- Experience auditing processes and procedures within a certification or accreditation body
- Ability to work independently or with limited supervision
- Ability to effectively represent SCC and follow SCC’s policies and procedures
- Ability to maintain impartiality, confidentiality, and declare conflicts of interest.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Ability to work in French and English considered strong asset
- Availability to travel within Canada and USA, occasionally on short notice
- Legally entitled to work in Canada and USA
- To apply, please submit your resume, and cover letter clearly demonstrating how you meet the Essential Qualifications listed in the role description.
- Your application must be submitted before the closing date.
- All applications will be considered, however preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
- You will be required to provide documented evidence of required training or certifications on request (e.g. post-secondary degrees, training certificates, professional registrations, etc.)
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those applicants whose qualifications are most relevant will be considered and contacted.