The SCC Committee Achievement Award recognizes the contributions made by a committee or group (e.g. advisory committee, technical committee, sub-committee, working group, task group, ad-hoc group) in support of Canada’s national standardization network.
Nominated committees for the SCC Committee Achievement Award must have contributed significantly to national or international standardization efforts, for a period of at least five (5) years and demonstrated exceptional success in active national or international participation, leadership, or technical assistance in the development or implementation of policies, standards or guides (through certification or accreditation programs).
Additionally, nominees must have demonstrated the committee’s development or completion of national or international documents (e.g. Canadian procedural documents, standards, guides, policy, publications, research reports).
The recipient committee will be selected based on exceptional characteristics displayed during standardization activities, including:
- Teamwork, consensus-building
- Productivity, production of deliverables
- Cooperative, inclusive
- Respect of/adherence to established best governance practices/principles
Nominees must also meet the general eligibility criteria of the SCC Awards.
- 2018 - MC/ISO/TC 215 – Health Informatics
- 2016 - ULC S700A - Thermal Insulation Materials and Systems
- 2014 - SCC Mirror Committee to ISO/TC 198 – Sterilization of Health Care Products
- 2012 - CSC/IEC/TC111
- 2010 - Canadian Standards Association - B51 Technical Committee
- 2008 - CAC/ISO/TC224
- 2006 - ISO/IEC/JTC 1/SC 7 Software and system engineering
- 2004 - The Canadian Advisory Committee on Information technology for learning, education and training, CAC/JTC 1/SC 36