Apply to attend IEC Young Professionals Workshop in Shanghai, China
Are you a dynamic manager, engineer or technician aged 20 to 35? Would you like to join us for the 10th annual International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) Young Professionals Workshop in Shanghai from 21-23 October 2019?
Contest winner will have the opportunity to:
- Represent Canada at the IEC Young Professional Workshop (includes airfare, hotel and expenses)
- Learn about IEC’s standardization processes and Conformity Assessment (CA) Systems
- Network with electrotechnical professionals from around the world (over one thousand international delegates attend the IEC General Meeting)
- Contribute and present positions developed by young professionals to the IEC community
- Observe and participate in technical meetings to see how standards are developed
- Observe and participate in IEC management committee meetings to develop a better understanding of policy decision-making in standardization
- Join a Canadian mirror committee as a member
- Have access to learning and mentoring opportunities
In addition, all contest applicants will be given the option to join a Canadian mirror committee as a member.
- Managers, engineers, technicians aged 20 to 35 who plan to get more involved in IEC-related activities with the following qualifications:
- Education and experience in electric or electronic engineering/technology
- Experience developing or working with standards or involvement in conformity assessment activities
- Experience working for a company, business or industry that uses, benefits or contributes to IEC standardization
- Access the most up-to date information on emerging technologies and policy trends for a competitive advantage
- Ensure effective succession planning and knowledge transfer
- Gain involvement in the international arena
- Cultivate a culture of innovation
Submit a video containing the following information:
- Name, Title and Organization
- If not already a member of an SCC technical committee, indicate one that you would like to join.
- A brief statement about your organization’s products and/or services, as well as your role within the organization.
- A description of your involvement with IEC standards development activities or IEC conformity assessment activities that affects your job responsibilities.
- A brief explanation of how standards impact innovation within your organization (examples: environment, climate change, smart grid, smart energy, etc.).
- A brief explanation of why you should be selected as SCC’s Young Professional representative for 2019.
Applications may be submitted in any of the following ways:
- Email: Send the video to email@example.com using “IEC Young Professionals 2019” in the subject line.
- Twitter: Post the video to @StandardsCanada using the #YP2019 #IEC hashtags.
- Facebook: Post your video to “Standards Council of Canada” Facebook page using the #YP2019, #IEC hashtags.
Be creative and innovative!
To learn more, watch the 2018 winning video
The deadline to submit your video is May 14, 2019. A winner will be selected by May 31, 2019.