The Standards Council of Canada (SCC) houses a collection of full text standards published by Canadian SCC-accredited standards development organizations (SDOs) as well as foreign and international standards.
SCC's Technical Document Centre is located in downtown Ottawa and is open Monday to Friday (excluding statutory holidays) from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
All documents are protected by copyright. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, republish, display, post or transmit the material.
The Technical Document Centre does not participate in the Federal Government Inter-Library Loan program.
We have available all National Standards of Canada and a selection of standards from:
- Le Bureau de normalisation du Québec (BNQ)
- Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB)
- Canadian Standards Association (CSA) (including previously known CGA standards)
- ULC Standards (ULC)
We also have a comprehensive collection of historical Canadian standards.
International and foreign standards
The collection includes standards from:
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO)
- International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)
- ASTM International