Accreditation by the Standards Council of Canada (SCC) is a mark of competence and reliability recognized throughout the world. In addition to the accreditation of testing and calibration laboratories to ISO/IEC 17025, SCC accredits medical testing laboratories to ISO 15189 and proficiency testing providers to ISO/IEC 17043. SCC is also the only organization within Canada to offer Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) recognition.
SCC offers specialty programs in the following areas:
- Agriculture, food, animal health, and plant protection
- IT security evaluation and testing
- Mineral analysis
- Test method development and non-routine testing
- Medical laboratories
- Proficiency testing
For any other specialty area not listed here, please contact email@example.com.
SCC works with the following organizations to deliver accreditation services within these specialty areas:
- Bureau de normalisation du Québec (BNQ) for medical laboratory accreditation
- National Research Council (NRC) Calibration Laboratory Assessment Service for calibration laboratories
- Bureau de normalisation du Québec - Évaluation des laboratoires (BNQ-EL) for testing laboratories
As a signatory to several international and regional arrangements, SCC accreditation is recognized around the globe. Under these arrangements, each organization recognizes the equivalence of accreditations performed by its counterparts, and promotes the acceptance of test results from such accreditations within its own country. To this end, relationships are maintained with the following laboratory accreditation organizations:
- Asia Pacific Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (APLAC)
- InterAmerican Accreditation Cooperation (IAAC)
- International Laboratory Accreditation Cooperation (ILAC)
All SCC accredited laboratories are accredited to ISO/IEC 17025, the international standard for testing and calibration laboratories. The management system requirements contained in ISO/IEC 17025 meet the principles of, and are aligned with, the internationally recognized quality management system standard, ISO 9001:2008.
Information related to SCC’s fees for its accreditation services is available upon request by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.