Standards Council of Canada (SCC) accreditation proves that your organization is competent, credible and reliable. Accreditations are based on international standards and guides and requirements that meet specific Canadian needs.
Requirements of accreditation vary depending on the scope of work for which the accreditation is being pursued.
Contact SCC Accreditation Services to obtain an application package:
Telephone: +1 613 238 3222
Standards Council of Canada
55 Metcalfe Street, Suite 600
Ottawa, ON K1P 6L5
Steps to accreditation
- Find the SCC program you need by reviewing the Accreditation Program Overview
- Review the requirements and guidance for accreditation for the specific program
- Contact SCC for an application form and sample accreditation agreement (this will include the fee schedule)
- Complete and submit application package (including application fee)
- Discuss options for pre-assessment activities with your assigned account manager
- Prepare for on-site visit(s) by assessment team
- Negotiate schedule for visit to all sites that perform activities to be accredited
- Respond to findings from on-site visit(s) as instructed by the lead assessor
- Lead assessor makes recommendation to accredit or not
- Independent expert reviews assessment process and reports
- If SCC’s decision is to accredit, the Accreditation Agreement (including Accreditation Symbol licence) is signed by both parties
- Certificate of Accreditation is printed and Scope of Accreditation posted to SCC’s website
- Applicable regulators and interested parties are notified
For more information about the accreditation process, view SCC’s orientation module: Accreditation: Where standards, quality and conformity meet.
Requirements and Procedures
Please review the Requirements and guidance for SCC Accreditation Programs for details on accreditation/recognition by SCC.