This document contains normative and informative guidance for ISO/IEC 17025:2005 accredited testing laboratories. Laboratories and assessment teams alike must use this document to assure compliance.
This document covers all accredited testing laboratories, including those labs under the following PSAs:
- Agriculture Inputs, Food, Animal Health and Plant Protection (AFAP)
- Mineral Analysis
- Information Technology Security Evaluation & Testing (ITSET)
- Test Method Development and Non-Routine Testing (TMDNRT)
For the following PSAs, an additional Requirements and Guidance document also applies:
- Forensics – SCC Requirements and Guidance for the Accreditation for Forensic Testing Laboratories
- Mineral Analysis – SCC Requirements and Guidance for the Accreditation of Mineral Analysis Testing Laboratories
- ITSET – SCC Requirements and Guidance for the Accreditation of Information Technology Security - Evaluation and Testing Facilities (Including Cryptographic Module and Algorithm Testing facilities)
- TMDNRT – SCC Requirements and Guidance for Accreditation of Laboratories Engaged in Test Method Development and Non-Routine Testing
Note that this document does not apply to calibration laboratories. For supplemental requirements and guidance on calibration labs, please contact the National Research Council – Calibration Laboratory Assessment Service at NRC-CLAS.