The Standards Council of Canada (SCC) is Canada’s national accreditation body. SCC accreditation is recognized internationally and allows customers to be confident in these certified products, services and systems not only in Canada and throughout the world.
- SCC provides accreditation to some organizations directly, such as Testing and Calibration Laboratories and Product, Process and Service Certification Bodies.
- SCC is the only monitoring authority in Canada that grants Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) - Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) recognition.
- Find out more in SCC’s orientation module: Accreditation: Where standards, quality and conformity meet.
SCC Accreditation Programs
SCC currently offers the following accreditation programs:
- Management Systems Certification Bodies
- Product, Process and Service Certification Bodies
- Inspection Bodies
- Greenhouse Gas Validation/Verification Bodies
- Bodies performing the Certification of Persons
- Standards Development Organizations
- Testing and Calibration Laboratories
- Medical Testing Laboratories
- Proficiency Testing Providers
- Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) Facilities
Get started on your SCC accreditation process.
SCC’s online learning modules provide more information about standardization.
Purchase the standards and standards-based products you are looking for.
Related Body Information
As per ISO / IEC 17011:2004 a Related Body is a separate legal entity that is linked by common ownership or contractual arrangements to the accreditation body. SCC must ensure that the activities of its Related Bodies do not compromise the confidentiality, objectivity and impartiality of its accreditations. SCC has, with the participation of the interested parties, identified, analysed and documented the relationships with its Related Bodies to determine the potential for conflict of interest, whether they arise from within the accreditation body or from the activities of the related bodies. Where potential conflicts were identified, appropriate action was taken to assure confidentiality, objectivity and impartiality of SCC's accreditation programs.
The list of related bodies is available upon request.